Thursday, July 26, 2007

He always provides




Ok, so I was anxious.

I was worrying that the Lord who had CLEARLY called me to College Station to live and grow amongst the MOST amazing body of believers EVER, would not also provide my need of a job.

What?

Yeah.

But, it gets better.

He kept telling me, you will reap what you sow.

I was so afraid of getting a job, that I knew that I had not sown what I needed in the form of an organized application.

The second I turned that puppy in, and emailed a principal for a job opening, she called me THAT evening.

Oh yes.

Is that quick?!?

So, Tuesday, email in the middle of the night.

Wednesday- they call me for an interview.

Thursday- I interview.

Friday- they offer me the job.

How amazing is the Lord's timing?!?

He knows how ADHD I am!!

Furthermore, the Lord had a place for me all along.

I cannot stress this enough.

If you know me, I am NOT organized, I probably need like 5 million mentors, and reminders, etc.

When it comes to Special Ed, my gifts are relating to the students, NOT the paperwork.

Well, just sit tight and listen!

Because thats exactly what happens in this job.

I am sharing a classroom with a teacher who has already taught this class and we will mostly tutor students in reading and math.

So, we will "share" students.

A built-in mentor.

And since it is SO late in the teaching game, I was kinda getting worried about setting up my classroom.
This lady has already taught a year.

No worries.
Done.

Ok, last AMAZING perk.

This is THE SCHOOL that the Lord had planned for me all along.

Guess where it is!?!

In the MIDDLE of the ghetto, a mile from Saturday church.

Oh yeah.

Not my first choice, but just think of the possibilities!!

These kids probably already go to Saturday church sometimes.

I cannot even begin to imagine what the Lord will do with this.

I have ALREADY started praying for their Salvation, which brings me to tears almost every time.

I am so thankful that this whole job thing is NOT about me.

What a relief!

I was getting so caught up in myself, and what I needed that I forgot that there are much BIGGER things at stake!!

The Lord is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO stinkin' jealous for His Glory and His Fame.

How could I forget that!?!

So get pumped and stay tuned because I get to be a teacher and
I get to hang out with some amazing ghetto-fabulous kiddos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home