Saturday, August 19, 2006

How Great is Our God!?!?

My God is pretty sweet.

Let me tell you.

I was worried about what to do with my life.
I have been praying for God to do His Perfect and Pleasing Will in my life.

He has tested me and broken me.

I asked him to blind me, so that I could walk by faith, not by sight.

I have learned how much Grace He can show me:



This is my final semester at the college of Agriculture and Mechanics in College Station, TX.

According to my major, I need to complete a semester of Student Teaching.

I have been stressing over this for a while now.
Super nervous.

I do not like school.
I am bad at math, maybe 'not gifted' sounds a little better.
I am 'not gifted' at homework or studying either.

Student teaching has none of these things.
It is pretty sweet.

I don't know why I was so stressed.

I am working at Bryan High School in the Life Skills Classroom.
I have 8 17-year-old-ish boys, and 2 18-ish girls.

Praise the Good Lord that they are not like regular high-schoolers.

They are better.
My kids are funny.
My kids can't count.
My kids love Wal-mart.
My kids love Uno.
My kids beat me at Uno everytime.
Stink.

So, this is how my day goes:

1 period-
Breakfast
Sonia talks loudly enough for the entire cafeteria to hear us, we read the newspaper.

2 period-
We talk about the day of the week and read sentences about hamburgers.
We go make copies of a crossword puzzle and then class is over.

Frank is so cute.

Me: What do you like to do?
Frank: Go shopping at Wal-mart.
Frank: We have two Wal-marts. One in Bryan, and one is College Station.
Me: Sweet, thats a lot of shopping.

-----------Later that day------

Me: I am from Boerne, TX near San Antonio.
Frank: Do you have a Wal-mart?


3rd period-
Kids go to PE, I have this off.

4th period-We eat lunch in the cafeteria.
Sonia wants to buy a Soda.

Me: What kind of Soda would you like?
Sonia: Sprite
Me: How much do you think a Sprite costs?
Sonia: $10
Me: I think it costs less. Do you think a Soda is $1 or $100??
Sonia: $100
Me: hmm. A soda is $1.

5th period-
come back to classroom. We play Money board games and Uno. Life is good.

6th period-
Kids go to career training class, I hvae this period off!!

7th-
Students come back to class. We get to dance party on Fridays!!
I take some students to the bus and leave


So my teacher is going to retire and wants me to replace her next school year.

How great is our God?!?!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon and Sally said...

i love your kiddos and i don't even know them!
SUPER cute!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I lol'ed. I mean, really. Out loud. I never noticed how well you can create humor on paper.

-A

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home