Saturday, August 12, 2006

What do we really need? A myth revealed

Going into this upcoming school semester of student teaching, I thought to myself that I would plan and organize and map-out my life.

I would put all of my ducks in one row:

One duck, two duck, red duck, blue duck.

Perfection.

It was all ready; I would make lists, I would organize my time efficiently and effectively and life would be perfect.

Huge surprise: I was wrong!!

I just moved into a new house. I was thinking that my perfection would begin here.
The Lord showed me two important Truths:

Be a good steward of ALL He gives.

Our citizenship is in heaven.


What do we really need???

I will tell you a few things that I actually do NOT need (although I thought I did)

You do not need walls that bar you from everything outdoors…
The Lord gives and he takes away, and he can take away the bugs, I don’t know how, but His grace IS enough to keep the bugs out!!

You do not need counter space or a working kitchen!!
The Lord provides people and opportunities so that we can fellowship and eat with others.

You do not need a cookie-cutter, pink-with-white-trim, urban home.
The Lord provides shelter, rest and fellowship even when you live way out in the boonies, with holes in your walls, a kitchen with no floor, and other people’s stuff scattered everywhere.

My heart’s desire is not a kitchen with a floor, a new-oven, or even pristine shelter.
The Lord implanted in me the desire to fellowship, have slumber parties, serve others, and have dance parties.

Oh yes, I said dance parties!! Holla.

And he so graciously provides the things I DO in fact need!

My roommate had 5 of her Impact Camp girls over for a slumber-party the first 3 nights of our life here.

I was able to make food for these girls in our kitchen!!

I am still able to wake up on time to go babysit.

I got to go to a Pakistani Henna Bridal Shower and Dance Party it up with a bunch of other ladies!!

The Lord provides.
He always gives us what we need.

I’m so glad he reminded me that I do not need things, but only His Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home